Healthy Families is a nation-wide program. We have specially trained Family Support Workers who come to your home. Our Family Support Workers help connect you with other parents, with community resources, and can assist with transportation for medical services. Our services are provided with no cost to you. There are no income limits and no insurance requirements. Anyone who is pregnant, or who has a baby 3 months old or younger is eligible for Healthy Families West Michigan.
When you sign up for the program a caring, experienced Family Support Worker will visit you in your home to assist you with:
- providing the latest up-to-date research in child development
- connecting to community resources
- providing activities that help you teach your child as he/she grows
- helping you achieve your own goals
- offering opportunities for learning more about positive parenting techniques
- making sure you and your child are connected with medical services you are comfortable with
Healthy Families West Michigan Believes:
- your family is important
- all families have strengths
- parenting is a journey
- kids don’t come with instruction manuals
- Healthy Families is here to help you put together the pieces of a happy, successful family
For more information please call:
Healthy Families is accredited through Healthy Families America and the Council on Accreditation. Healthy Families America is an initiative of the National Committee for the Prevention of Child Abuse.